Hawaii National Guard (HING)
Transition Assistance Advisor (TAA)
Work Ph: (808) 672-1250
Cell Ph: (808) 342-4207
FAX: (808) 672-1436
E-Mail: Timothy.H.Fujino.ctr@mail.mil


Veteran Assistance Programs


Veteran Unemployment - Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP)

Are you between the ages of 35-60 and unemployed? You can get financial help for up to 12 months!

In an effort to reduce Veteran unemployment, the VOW to Hire Heroes Act of 2011 was passed and signed into law last November. Included in this new law is the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP) for unemployed 35 to 60 year old Veterans, began July 1, 2012 - applications are being accepted now.

VRAP offers 12 months of training assistance to 99,000 unemployed Veterans who are at least 35 years old but no older than 60. Eligible participants will receive up to 12 months of training assistance at the full-time payment rate under the Montgomery GI Bill-Active Duty program (currently $1,473 per month). DOL will offer employment assistance to every Veteran who participates or applies to the VRAP program. You can learn more about VRAP at http://benefits.va.gov/vow/education.htm

Please visit http://gibill.va.gov/benefits/other_programs/vrap_email_signup.html You will be prompted to provide your first name, last name, and email address. Once submitted you can expect to receive six to seven emails about VRAP.

If you have any technical problems with the link or the image please email us at 225D.VBACO@VA.GOV for support. Detailed information on VOW and VRAP is also available at http://www.benefits.va.gov/VOW

Help spread the word by sending this information on to the Veterans in your military community.

Introduction to the Transition Assistance Program (TAP) for Members of the National Guard and Reserves

After serving 180 or more days of continuous active duty, and prior to your release from active duty, you are required to receive transition counseling (same as Pre-Sepertation Counseling For Active Component service members) from a member of a military installation Transition Assistance Staff, Command Career Counselor (Navy), or Army Career and Alumni Program (ACAP) staff 


Want to know about University of Hawaii Degrees and Certificates click on the PDF to the right for more information. 
Pre-Retirement Resources Please see documents to the right.